Friday, December 14, 2012

This Is How I Feel

Some of the things I love most about my "job" are also some of the things that many see as a waste of time.  I say: "screw that."  My job is mother of my family.  I am to do everything I can to support, nurture, sustain, empower, and love my family.  When I am blogging......I'm doing my job.  I am creating a lasting family story that will go on for generations and generations.  Who knows what may come of our family story in a hundred years?!!?  Or a thousand?!?!  Think about that!  Just as archaeologists discover old documents and journals from ancient times that tell them how life was then.  Also, that is how we know so much about historical figures....because things were written about them.  Our genealogy is our link to the past and our way to the future.  I am doing an important work.  On another note, if I were to die suddenly, I feel that the writings that I leave behind will be a comfort and hopefully bring some peace to my family in my absence.
Why is it that someone sitting in an office doing menial office tasks for people or a company that doesn't really matter, has more clout that a mother sitting at home with her children?   Why is acceptable to waste your time in this fashion yet, when I am on pinterest for a half an hour...that is being lazy and not getting anything done!??!  I beg to differ.  When I am on Pinterest, I am usually looking up fun things to do with the kids to help them learn and grow.  Or looking up new recipes to feed and sustain them.  Or house projects that will improve our living comfort or needs.  Or advice from other mothers on things that may have worked for them that may also work for me and my kids. This is not a waste of time and I am not being lazy.  This is my JOB.  And I love it.  It has it's annoying points as any job does, but, I have worked lots of other jobs and MOM is definitely the best.  Hands down.
Sometimes I look around and see messes, or dirty dishes, or laundry that I have done for the millionth time.  I get discouraged.  Then I try to remember that they little things that I do every day are some of the most important things that anyone can do.  I am providing a proper, safe, and loving environment for my children.  Which is the most important job of all.  I know that I have shortcomings and fail at many things that I try.  But, how will I know, unless I do try?  I know I am not the best mom in the world, in fact, some days I feel like the worst mom in the world.  But, I am here.  I keep trying every day even if I failed the day before.  Being a parent is the hardest thing I have ever tried.  I work very hard at it.  I am not lazy.  Thank you.

No comments: