Friday, December 28, 2012

Clean Up....Or Lack Thereof

Okay, so the "fun" of yesterday is starting to turn to the "annoyance" of today!  Trying to shift everyone into the "clean-up and organize" mode and get all the new stuff picked up.  No one wants to do anything productive.  Ugh.  Oh well, this day is here to be enjoyed.  I should be thankful for that!  Even if it is gray outside and more snow is headed our way.  I have many holiday pictures to share.  Just not in the mood to do it right now.  I am debating on whether or not to take my tree down.  In years past, I have left it up until at least after the New Year.  And it is so very pretty this year.  hmmmmm. 
Oh, and I had been saving this "delicious" saltine toffee to eat for Jeremy and I.  You see, Kim Hasek had brought us some that she had made and we devoured it!! So good....I will post recipe later.  Anyway, I had shopped with my mom most of the evening before the second Kelley christmas (yes, there were two...that is actually better than in years past, when there were three, lol!) so, I was too pooped to make anything to take.  Jeremy kept prodding me to make something so I looked online and found the recipe for the saltine cracker toffee.  It seemed easy enough.  Made it per the instructions.....EXACTLY.....even though I felt like I needed to do a couple of things differently.  Anyway, the next morning, we had to rush to get ourselves, six uber excited kids, food ready to go, everything loaded (we cannot forget anything as we live all the way in Carthage), and get there on time.  All I did was break the dang toffee apart and stick in a bowl.  When we got to the family Christmas we told everyone how great the toffee was and talked it up.  Then when we got home I loaded up a bag of it and gave it to the sister missionaries.  Well, then last night I finally decided to indulge and took my first bite.  UGH!  I had been giving out garbage saltine toffee cracker toffee!!! Crap a dog!!  I knew it when the stupid recipe only called for the toffee part to boil for three minutes that it was wrong!! But, I followed the recipe anyway!  Only because it called for it to be baked at 450 in the oven for 5 minutes too.  Anyway, the brown sugar totally did not dissolve enough!! It is a horrible disgrace!  Stupid.  Stupid.  And no one told me!!@! GRRRRRRRR!  What a complete waste. Oh well, I will make some for New Years.  Especially since that is my last chance to indulge.....as I will be resuming my Arbonne Essentials way of life and get back into my running mode. 

No comments: