Thursday, December 20, 2012

Shopping Day with My Mom

Yesterday I had made plans with my mom to go shopping.  We were going to take the two youngest and go to Burlington.  Well, Jeremy talked me into taking the kids to Debbie's the night before so we could start getting ready for Christmas Eve.  Well, then in the morning he had to drive to Nauvoo to pick them up....really early so they could be to school on time.  On his way home he tells me that none of the kids are dressed....which would be fine except that very literally, every single pair of pants that Asher owns, were at Debbie's.  Ugh.  I couldn't send him to school without pants on.  So, I had to drag him with me and my mom.
 I had to go back to Debbie's house to pick up some pants and then we left for Burlington.  It just so happened that the pair of pants that I put on him had a small hole in the crotch.  The hole was not noticeable so we just left town and went on.  Needless to say, shopping wasn't quite as much fun as I imagined it being.  When Cullen saw that Asher was out of the cart and walking around, of course he wanted to do that too.  I let him.  And then they ran.  And touched everything they could find to get their hands on. 
We went to Target and then Kohl's.  At Kohl's, Asher found the hole in his pants and wouldn't quit messing with it.  And next thing you know, his pants are split WIDE open in front! AGH! We loaded up, got some lunch and drove back home.  I called Jeremy and he felt bad.  He knew I really wanted to have a good day of shopping with my mom.  Especially since she was scheduled to have surgery on her broken back the next day (today.)  So, being the flexible, perfect,and caring man that he is....he came home from work when the boys got out of school and 3:15 and let me and my mom continue shopping on our own!! We ended up just heading to Keokuk to Walmart but finished up what we needed then! woot! 
I told Jeremy he could be open on Saturday if he needed to be to make up for him taking off work when he is really slammed right now.  Family is important and we never know how long we have with them.  It's always more important than any work or job.  But, I do know that he also needs to be at work to make our family function. 
I'm glad I got to spend some time with my mom though.  We had fun talking, shopping, and planning.  We butt heads sometimes (pretty sure we are both stubborn....I blame her, she is older and passed it on to me, lol!) but, I love her dearly none the less.  She has always done her best and I love her for that!  Love you, Mom! 

No comments: