Thursday, February 2, 2012

Post

****I just sat down at the computer and found the following post on my screen.  I guess I got interrupted and never did end up posting it.  lol!****


Seriously, I think I deserve some kind of medal.  I just endured the WORST and LONGEST tantrum thrown in the HISTORY OF MANKIND!  No joke.  And to come from Cullen?? Weird. And all over Buzz and Woody or Wall-E. Pretty sure that if I wasn't deaf before (which I was) that I am for sure now.  He made the inside of my ears rattle around!  For reals.  The thing is, I couldn't even really scold him because the poor kid looked as confused as to why he's doing it, as I was. 

Okay, so I typed that last paragraph at 9:52 am, it is now 4:00pm.  That child didn't stop his insanity until after noon!!  I pretty sure this ringing in my ears right now is the aftermath of the shrill screech he would emit every 2.5 seconds!  He is now passed out on the couch.

Today was a bad diet day.  I have stopped any progress forward.  It has been a conscious decision because I hate January and food makes me feel better, lol!  (I know, I'm weird, it's okay though)  So today is February 1 and I don't know what to do with myself because I'm still acting like it's January but now it's not.  Okay, so to get me out of my January slump, I am going to do something fun in February on my blog!  YAY!  Now, what should I do that is fun?  Hmmm, I don't know, I will let everyone know tomorrow. Oh, the excitement builds, I can just feel it!

Eden's favorite word of the week is, nose.  She loves to point to mommy's nose, then her nose, then clap and say yay!  Another quirky little thing she does.....whenever I am baking or cooking in the kitchen, if I say hot, she will toddle her way over to the towel drawer and pull me out a hot pad while saying, "hot, hot."  Cute stuff.  I need to get some video of her before this precious time is gone.  She is my baby and there will be no more after her.  It's kind of like the end of an era!  Dramatic, but true!  Now, I have to wait for grandkids.  It's exciting too though as I feel like I have graduated onto some higher level of adulthood now!

So, this morning "someone" (pretty sure it was Liam) snapped one of our kitchen cabinet doors in half!  What the???  How is that even possible.  It didn't come off on the hinges, no, that would be too easy.  He somehow managed to break it in half vertically to the left of middle.  I really don't think wood glue is going to work.  And we have already looked into just buying doors (or drawers) because someone (maybe it was Liam) snapped the front off one of the drawers in much the same fashion.  No one sells just the doors or the drawers.  Curse it anyway.  So, we have to price all new cabinets for the bottom half of the kitchen anyway.  It looks ridiculous in the the mean time.  By the time we are done, we will have replaced every single thing in this house and then we will sell it to some family that can fit into it and they will love it because everything will be brand new.  
I don't think that I ever followed up on our new furnace and duct work.  It was so exciting to walk into that old basement and see a shiny new furnace!! And what was even more exciting was the new vents in the floor!! lol!  That means we can get rid of these pesky radiators and wall thingies.  We just need someone to get them out.  We have heard it is a pain in the butt but those things are worth money because of the copper in them??? Not for sure how much.   Anyway, we didn't get the duct work to the upstairs done until spring.  Floyd Duffy (Duffy Ducts) said he usually does AC in the spring so that's when we will do the upstairs.  That is also when we get to knock a wall out.  Sweet.  Now, if everything goes as planned it will be a miracle! lol!  Home improvement always seems to have some kinks along the way.




No comments: