Friday, February 10, 2012

Blowing Things Up

Today I will NOT change out of my pajamas.  No sir.  I will wear them all day long.  You know why?  Because I can.
I waited all those years as a kid to finally have control over my life and guess what?  Today I want to wear my pajamas all day.  
I have realized over the past month, that I am not doing the things as an adult that I said I would.  Dang it, I'm gonna live the dream.  And today the dream is wearing pajamas all day. 
This applies to other stuff too.  I swore that I would never live in this area as an adult or raise my children here.  I said that I was going to be a fun mom.  I said that I was going to travel the world and show my kids all it had to offer.  I said that I was going to dress how I feel every single day.  I said that I was never going to take no for an answer.  
I may be having a mild mid life crisis! LOL! It's okay though because these type of events or realizations put a fire under your butt and get you to shift gears.  That's what I'm gonna do.  


On another note.  This week we have been studying volcanoes for homeschool.  We have built our volcano and will erupt it today.  I'm sure it will be epic....er, at least mildly entertaining.  All of the spelling words for the week have come from our volcanic study.  That kid of mine (Tristan) has the biggest vocabulary of any kid his age that I have ever come across.  For reals.  

Okay,another side note here:  The other night I was watching the move "The Aviator".  (A film from 2005ish that Martin Scorcese directed...it's about the life of Howard Hughes)  Anyway, I had seen it a few times before but, Tristan hadn't.
At one point, Howard Hughes was going to test a new airplane he had built....they showed him on the runway and the little red wind sock thing was hanging down with no wind.  Tristan then turns to me and tells me the dangers of taking off without a headwind and what you would need to do if you were flying a plane with no head wind.  He seemed to know what he was talking about and talked to me about it for 4 or 5 minutes, using all kinds of terms I wouldn't expect an adult (much less a child his age) to know.
So the next day I was watching another show on aviation and they were saying all the things that Tristan had told me the night before and he was right!!  He had learned it all when he had done a report on Amelia Earhart two years ago!  This kid blows my mind!  

No comments: