Thursday, February 23, 2012

Another Trip Down E.R. Lane

Life has been crazy as of late!! CRAZY, I tell ya!  The stomach flu is making the rounds through all the kids.  Yesterday, I was washing everything in the house that could go in the washer but, got stopped halfway through because we had to take Eden to the hospital.  We have been trying different treatments for her chronic constipation, lack of eating, digestive issues, etc.  Anyway, she woke up from her nap and had the blackest, stickiest poop I had seen out of 6 kids!  It was really weird.  So I figured I better call in to Dr. Smith's office just to make sure that was in the realm of "normal".  He said that he recommended taking her to the E.R. because sometimes black tarry poop can mean that there could be a bleed in the upper G.I. tract.  I can also mean that she's been cleaned out, also the miralax she has been taking on and off.
 So, once again Grandma's came to the rescue and took the boys so we could run Eden to the ER in Quincy.  We were there for about 5 hours!  They did an X-ray though (which put my mind at ease!) and Eden pooped 5 more times while we were there.  She also ran around the ER waiting room like a little tank engine at full speed! lol! 
The verdict is that we have to get her on a poop schedule, meaning every day at the same time "making" her go.  It should be a very fun process and I am super excited to do it!  We also discovered that she has the stomach flu as she puked while we were there too.  Super! 
This morning Cedric was puking and didn't go to school.  He won't eat anything.  I hate it when my kids are sick.  I feel so badly for them. 
Today, I will finish washing up all the laundry and linens, make a trillion beds, spray the beds, the air, the doorknobs, scrub every surface down and open the windows! 
Today's positive affirmation:  I am a super mom!  I can get the things done I need to get done and smile while I'm doing it!  I LOVE serving my family! 

No comments: