Saturday, January 5, 2013

Losing My Mind

I really didn't take into account the recovery time with this whole mouth thing.  Good grief.  I told Jeremy this morning that I would like to fashion a sling for my face out of something.  Maybe gauze or a kitchen towel.  I don't know but I kept waking up last night and had been sleeping on the wrong side of my face.....agh, it made my whole head throb.  I am working on my third bottle of vicadin.  I'm like a zombie, bahaha!  What is really annoying is that I had to miss Robert and Mikayla's Wedding Reception last night.  I was bummed but there was nothing to be done.  My face looked like a truck hit it.  The swelling is going down though.  And the pain is becoming more localized and annoying. 
I lost a whole day when I went to the oral surgeon.  First I went in and said I was just going to get the local numbing.  Well, the doctor did not recommend that for what I was having done.  He wanted to knock me out cold.  Which is what I wanted in the first place but, was trying to save myself some money.  After the doctor said I would probably want to be knocked out, I agreed and we started the process.  So much for saving myself some money, huh!??!  Anyway, Jeremy said that I was back there for about an hour and a half.  I don't remember a lick of it.  And I think they rushed me out of recovery and into my car because they didn't like Cullen and Eden screaming in their front waiting room.  Anyway, I thought I knew what I was doing and felt coherent so I made some phone calls.  I don't even know how because my mouth was jam packed full of gauze!! But, I did it.  My mom thought I was insane. I called her twice in a row and can't remember a dang thing I said to her....lol!  I knew that we had to set up babysitting because the nurse had told Jeremy that I would be "drunk" for at least 24 hours.  Good thing that he is the owner of his business because we had not planned on him taking the entire day off.  Sheesh!  Anyway, I have noticed that the older I get the harder it is for my body to recover from things.  That sucks.

No comments: