Thursday, January 10, 2013

Big Brother

 Eden LOVE, LOVE, LOVES Tristan!  And he LOVE, LOVE, LOVES her right back! It's really just too cute!  She follows him around and says "Shin, shin!" He humors her and picks her up, gives her piggie back rides, tickles her (because her laugh is so stinking cute!), cuddles up on the couch with her and more!  It reminds me of when I was little and my older brothers and sisters would play with me! I loved them and looked up to them so much!  But, as we got older, and they went off and started their lives with new families, and moved away, the distance between our ages became more apparent.  Not that I don't love my siblings, that's not what I am saying.   Anyway, I am always grateful for the memories that I have from how they loved me when I was very little...and I do remember.  I have the best memory ever.  Fo' shizzle.


 Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I think that God sends us our babies when the time is right.  And what is right for one person may not be right for another person.  There is a reason that I came along as the straggler at the end of my family.  They needed the crowning jewel to their trunk full of kids!! Bahahaha!! No, but seriously, I need to stop worrying so much about not having another baby just because it would be more than three years apart from the others.  Not that I want to have another baby.  Hmmm, this post is turning out kinda kooky.  Well, don't read to much into it, I'm just thinking outloud, haha!

 The point of the matter is....I'm glad Tristan is the big brother in our house.  I have noticed recently that he is taking more accountability for actions, thinking through things, and helping out more.  He honestly listens when we talk.  And we can talk about things.  Like real life things.  I love how close I am to him and how close he is to me.  I love how much all the other kids admire him and go to him for advice.  I do love these kids.  Even if today, I am having a seriously emotional basketcase kinda day....they love me anyway for some reason! 

No comments: