Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby Wash

 This is a GREAT idea!  My kids LOVE to get in the bathtub and play.  They almost always end up accidentally wasting an entire bottle of soap in one way or another.  Leaving the spout open and the bottle laying on its side on the bottom of the tub is a classic.  We were using Arbonne hair and baby wash for it's botanicals.  That ran me about $9 a bottle.  And if they wasted the whole thing in one bath, I felt like a huge WASTE!  ugh.  Now we get two bottle a month from Amazon of the Seventh Generation baby shampoo and wash.  It runs me about $6.64 per bottle (10oz.). and still has all the same good for you ingredients as the Arbonne Baby wash.

 To take the cost down I took an empty Dial Foam Handwash bottle and cleaned it all out.  I added about one inch (too much I think, I will use a little less next time) of the Seventh Generation soap and then filled the bottle up the rest of the way with cold water.   You have to turn the bottle upside down slowly a few times to get it to mix.  Don't shake it too hard or you will have a bubbly mess!

WAAAYYYY Cheaper.....and it comes out in a foam, which the kids love!  I tried to find my food coloring to add a drop or two for color but can't find it since I am moving everything in my kitchen around right now.  But, next time......

No comments: