Friday, January 22, 2016

Lil Cheer Night

This past week, I signed Eden up for Lil' Cheer Night at the high school.  The big cheerleaders teach the lil' cheerleaders some cheers and a dance, give them a lil' cheer shirt, and they perform at the half time of the high school basketball game.  I wasn't sure how Eden would do, I was nervous about it actually.  But, she LOVED it!  And she did so good!! She participated and was excited and engaged the whole time. 
The night of the performance there was a stupid snow storm, Jeremy had to work late, I was batshit bonkers, Eden had to be there at four, Cedric had a game too(it got cancelled thank goodness), on and on.  I had to run around and around and around in the crappy snow(luckily we had four brand spankin' new tires on the Expedition and I put it in 4x4 to give me more hope in the snow.  I couldn't find a parking spot when I got back to the school to watch her perform, I was walking in when Vanessa called me and told me that they were already on the floor! Gaah!!! I hungu p, ran inside like a for real crazy person, slid in on the floor in front of people and threw my camera bag open, and caught her dance performance! Whew!  She looked happy to see me too because she was looking for a face in the crowd. 
Anyway, despite the craziness of performance night, both Eden and I had a blast doing this.  I for reals want to get her and Viv in a dance class.  And heck, if any of the boys want to do it, they totally can.  There is just something about a guy that can dance.  Yep, I should totally get a couple of the boys to do it too. 

No comments: