Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our Day Yesterday

So yesterday we went to St. John's in Springfield for the level 2 ultrasound. By the way, not a 3D ultrasound but still pretty cool. So we had the ultrasound tech do one then a doctor came in and did another. Both said that they see absolutely nothing wrong with this little guy!!! YAY! He looked absolutely perfect and passed all the tests with flying colors. Oh such good news! Then the doctor went on to tell me that he thought I maybe had chronic hypertension (high blood pressure) and should buy a blood pressure machine to keep at home and monitor it daily so that I don't have a stroke! What??!!>? Okay, said I. He thought it wasn't probably pregnancy induced. Anywho, I still have too much fluid they said as well. Okay. So, that doctor's verdict was that the baby needed to be evicted furniture and all! He called my doctor in Quincy and they chatted. Then Jeremy and I drove to Quincy and chatted with my doc. He moved my inducement date up to Thursday and then stripped my membranes to try to get me started naturally. Well that was fun.
Anyway, now it is the next morning and I've got many signs of labor that I won't go into detail about for the men on the blog:) Hopefully, I go soon. He'll be here Thursday anyway. I still need to pack a hospital bag and such.
So, the moral of the story is that prayer works. The baby is just great! I can't wait to see him!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't describe how happy I am for you! Hang in there and it will be over in a few days!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me. By mom I meant Tacy's mom...not yours. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Just watch your blood pressure arter you have the baby. (you could even use the machines they have at stores) If it goes down and stays down, you don't have to worry about the stroke thing. Well, you have more important things to worry about now. :)

timpani76 said...

Yay! We were all hoping for good news! We even got the kids in on the prayers for you ;)

Justine said...

yay colista! im so happy for you guys!! im jealous that you get to have your baby already, i want mine thursday too!! as soon as you pop you better put some pics up on myspace, i have been dying to see pics of the little one!! yay i cant wait. congrats!!

tacy said...

Victory!!

lizS said...

hooray! what a relief, and you'll be all done on thursday at the latest! yay! (well, until the sleep depravation and the pain of giving birth and all the fun newborn stuff sets in, but hey, that's the good stuff, right? right???) i'm so glad the little guy is alright! and don't get freaked about the doc at the hospital. worry about it later, with your regular doc, who knows you. get some pics up soon, and we'll see you in october!!

Renae said...

yay, yay, YAY, and more YAY!!!

Eyepoke said...

EXCELLENT!

Happy Birthday!

Lindsay said...

Yeah Colista! Gosh I'm so happy for you. I know what it means to worry with these little ones and the feeling you have when it's going to be just fine. Oh I'm so excited for you to meet your new little man. Can't wait to see the pictures.