Thursday, June 26, 2008

Toilet Paper Philosophies

I'm having a issue with toilet paper. Is there ever enough toilet paper???? One would wonder in this house. We have 4 bathrooms and two of them are used very frequently. Our master bath and the kids bathroom which also happens to be the one that any lucky guest would use if they happened to stop over...and I actually answered the door. I feel like I am constantly changing the toilet paper. Every time I go into one. Am I the only one capable of changing the roll???? Apparently, it does require my superior intellect.
Anyway, we have been going through cases of toilet paper as of late. One reason I guess is that I can't seem to quit peeing due to the fact I have someone stomping on my bladder every time I turn around. Another is Liam. I don't know where he gets his ideas but, they're great, I tell ya. He has in recent months finally decided it would be a good idea to go to the bathroom in the toilet. However, we he goes number 2 he wipes, and wipes, and wipes,...and wipes....and wipes a little more, until I'm sure his skin will be rubbed raw. The catch is that he uses HUGE amounts of toilet paper in the process with little actual progress...if you catch my drift. Also, he thinks that the TOILET paper goes in the garbage can and not the TOILET. Every time he goes I try to convince him that infact, TOILET paper does go in to the TOILET. As a result of his aversion to putting the toilet paper into the toilet, I have to change the garbage bags in the bathrooms way more frequently then any normal person would have to. Also, the toilet paper stuffed into the garbage can always smells great and has nice little surprises waiting for me too! I LOVE IT!!! Can life get any better???!?! I think not.
Don't brag people, you all know how much luckier I am than you!

On another note, today Liam helped me claen up the entire living and dining room areas! This is amazing. He's not one for helping me out much. He keeps telling me what a big boy he is. And he is. I love him to death, poopy toilet paper in my garbage cans and all!!!!!

5 comments:

lizS said...

that's hilarious! my daughter has the opposite problem from your son. it took me FOREVER to convince her to use any at all! that was way fun come laundry day, oh yeah! we got there in the end though. and i, too, am the only one capable of changing the toilet paper rolls. i think only girls are smart enough to handle this intricate and difficult process.

timpani76 said...

Ha! Too funny.

It's true. You have to have the right hormone to change the toilet paper, and you live in a house of boys! Even my husband, Mr. Anti-Fix It Oh So Sensitive Male Guy still can't change the tp.

My son also had the opposite problem, of hopping off the potty and not wiping. I have to try to catch him every time.

Renae said...

I too feel like everytime I need to use the bathroom, I have to open a new roll. I have one son who uses like two squares of tp to wipe, and another one who clogs the toilet at least once a week because he uses so dang much. I hate our picky toilet! Here's my great toilet story: http://renylousworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/its-funny-now-but-i-didnt-think-it-was.html

Bruce said...

you girls are nuts. i have to change the tp roll all the time. i hate it because i never notice that the roll is out until
i need to use it. so i have to duck walk with my pants around my ankles. which makes me feel like a dork even though no one can see me.

Anonymous said...

You could try some tough love, and say if you want toilet paper, get it yourself. But then, I'm afraid, there would be alot of people just not using toilet paper- not good. Cori