Monday, January 25, 2016

My Vivianne Lucille

I love this little lady so much.  This picture is from late in August but, as I try to catch up on my blogging, I will get some more recent ones on here too.  Anywho, she is growing like a weed in so many ways.  She is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY....and that is an understatement!  She is curious about everything she sees and wants to understand what it does, how it works, and wants it to be hers, lol!  She is extremely bright and catches on to words, actions, ideas, and just about everything super quick!  She LOVES to dance and sing, which is one of my favorite things about her.  She can shake her booty like nobody's business!  Whenever she hears a song or a beat, she will automatically start dancing!  She talks and talks and loves to imitate sounds as well.  One of Vivianne's favorite things to do is snuggle and boy oh boy, is she ever a pro at it!! She will snuggle on people, pillows, blankets, with stuffed animals, etc.  At bedtime or naptime, she will go around and collect all her doll babies and snugglies and toss them all into her bed first.  And when she gets out of bed in the morning, she must bring one or more of her "friends" and at least one blanket.  Then we snuggle on the couch for a few minutes or more, depending on how she feels, while she wakes the rest of the way up.  
Vivianne also is the cutest when she is saying Good-bye.  She waves the cutest little wave, blows kisses, and says "bye-bye" in the sweetest little girl voice.  She is super affectionate and loves to snuggle and play with her brothers and sister.  The boys are mostly pushovers with her still at this point and will do whatever she wants them to do for or with her, lol!  Eden loves her sister too but, likes Vivianne to not do, play, or touch anything, lol!! Although Vivianne has a little more attitude lately and is not afraid to show when she is mad at someone by very intentionally walking over to someone and hitting them to show that she is upset.  We are working on that. ;) 
At her 12 or 18 month check-up, Dr. Davis told me that it was time to take the pacifier from her while she was still at the point where giving it up wouldn't matter as much and it would be easier.  I laughed at him.  We all know that if there is an easy way to do something, that I will find an easier way that benefits me short term and make it more difficult long-term, because, ya know, that is how I roll!  So, what I am trying to say is, she still has her "paci-boom-boom" as I have somehow ended up calling the darn things after all these years. 

*On a side tangent here:  I think it is downright HILARIOUS when younger people, doctors, people that raised one or two kids, or just plain ignorant people try to give me advice on how to raise kids!  Like anyone REALLY knows, LMAO!  I am pretty sure that we are all just muddling through the best we can.  But, really, do people think I haven't tried just about everything under the sun and learned along the way!?!?  I might have ADHD, PTSD, Mom-brain, and quite possibly some kind of hormonal weirdness but, I am not stupid!! Haha!  And one of my favorite pastimes is watching all the new generation of moms have mental break downs over every little thing they have read and how it is going to either turn your child into a rocket scientist with no health problems or they will end up shattered little souls with all kinds of health issues.  I was the exact same way when I first had kids and couldn't fathom how in the world my parents raised me the way they did.  You know, with NO carseats (oh, the horror), didn't read to us before bed(and I STILL LOVE READING....how is that possible!?!?....I actually do read to the kids before bed though), feed babies formula instead of the clearly better breastmilk, giving kids medicine, blah, blah, blah. I was always up to date on car seat regulations, etc.  You know what is funny??  All those studies, those "do things this way because it the best and your child will grow horns and die if you don't do things this way" articles, the car seat regulations, the "put baby to sleep on his back-put baby to sleep on his side-put baby to sleep on his stomach", the don't eat lunchmeat when your pregnant and other such advice.....they have all changed at least three or four or more times since I had Tristan.  What I was "supposed" to do as a mom changed remarkably from when I had Tristan to when I had Vivianne. What I have learned along the way, is that we all need to do what works best for us and for each individual kid.  And whatever the newest studies have shown about whatever subject is great and good information and all that but, if you don't do whatever the newest trend is, your baby is still going to be fine.  I haven't med any formula fed adults that have any kind of effects that anyone can trace back to not being breast fed. K, well, that really was a tangent, now wasn't it!?!? End side tangent**

So, Vivi Lu has a pretty big vocabulary going and she is putting together short sentences too.  Like I said, she will try to repeat everything.  Her hair is getting long enough to start to "Do" it.  She has the cutest little curlies and the color of her hair is gorgeous.  I seriously have the most beautiful girls I have ever seen.  I know I am biased but, for reals, I can't believe that I made half of them!! I guess it helps that they have a super handsome Daddy too. :)

No comments: