Thursday, May 9, 2013

Vanessa's Baby Shower

 WE had a baby shower for Vanessa on Sunday at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Nauvoo.  We tried to match the colors and decorations to the bedding set that she had picked out.  It actually turned out really cute even if some of it wasn't exact...as in colors mostly, lol!  Vanessa's mom made these cute little popcorn boxes that had silhouette cut outs of Vanessa's profile!

 The morning of the shower we had all the last minute stuff to do.  We had it all done with a little time to spare even! I was sick both days we were preparing for it so that made it annoying for me.  But, I wanted to be there and I was, even if I was a little out of my tree!


 Vanessa's mom also made these little wagons that were on the tables for mints and nuts.

 Trisha found a cake that Vanessa had pinned on pinterest.  So we went with that cake and made it a little bigger and used the bedding theme and colors.  Turned out pretty cute I think.  Joanne did an amazing job, as usual!!  The bottom was vanilla and the top was chocolate.


 The tables.

 Trisha made chocolate sugar cookies for mini fruit pizzas.  
Looks delicious! 
I totally forgot to take a plate when I left to go home so I actually didn't get to try any of the food except the vanilla portion of the cake which was yummy!


 We had tried to do all simple food that Vanessa liked.  I think we did great!
We had turkey sandwiches, deviled eggs, mini fruit pizzas, chips & dip,  and relish tray.  



The weather was sunny and warm.  I think I had a fever and nearly keeled over a couple of times, haha!  I also dressed for it being warm, that didn't help at all.  Everyone ate some food, played games, enjoyed present opening, and visiting.  

 Vanessa's mom also made a motorcycle diaper cake.  Cute! 










 Everyone had to put their thumbprint on the tree as the sign in sheet.  It will go in the baby book later. 


 The gift table!



 Jeremy and I(okay so me) got her a diaper bad, sock monkey jacket, bulldozer outfit, peace sign outfit, and a onesie that says:"I'm the favorite!).  Ya know, because the youngest is always the favorite!! haha! At least, so my siblings tell me!!

 She wore a beautiful blue dress for the occasion and looked fabulous!  

 The game table.



 Grandma and Grandpa Boyer got her a little girls outfit!  I don't think they notice as they were buying it!  Funny and cute!!  


It was a really good day.  I love doing things like that.  Now just waiting on the little guy to get here!

No comments: