Friday, May 3, 2013

Asher's Night Out

Last night Asher was the first one of the kids to do the Thursday Night Out.  I'm glad he chose Jeremy to go with because I have not been feeling well at all.  They went to Hardee's and Asher was SO excited!! Jeremy sent this picture to me while they were there.  And Asher came home and told me all about it and how much fun that he and Dad had.  If it had been nicer Jeremy was going to get the food and take him to the park but it was yucky out.  Asher was thrilled that he got a strawberry shake!  And got to choose whatever he wanted off of the menu. 
 I am glad that my kids see these things as a treat. I don't want them to feel entitled to everything.  I know some kids get to eat out all the time.  It just doesn't work that way in our family.  And I wouldn't want them to eat out all the time even if it made sense financially because we all know that most food served at restaurants like these is not good for our bodies to eat all the time.  Anyway, I think this is going to be a pretty sweet little tradition.  And something we all look forward to doing! YAY! 

No comments: