Thursday, May 16, 2013

Horseradish

Things are coming along.  It only took me like six months to finally get my dining room painted!  Sheesh!  Originally we had bought some Dutch Boy paint at Menard's because it was on sale.  I have always sworn by Valspar (from Lowe's) and this proved my point once again.  When we opened the Dutch Boy I knew it was going to suck.  Along the same levels as Olympic from either Walmart or Menard's.  Complete suckage.  With Valspar, I don't even have to put a drop cloth down.  The paint goes on thick and even.  Doesn't splatter or drip.  We put four gallons on just a few of the walls and wondered why it still wasn't done!  Agh!  Then we got two gallons of Valspar from Lowe's this past weekend.  Oh what a difference a good brand can make!  It made painting fun again instead of a giant pain in the butt!!  I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.  It's like the people that buy Dells or other junk laptops from Best Buy or Staples that are full of cheapo parts and then wonder why the heck they don't last.  They just aren't made as well.  You get what you pay for.  Same with this stupid paint.
I got my new curtains up and found out I need a new rod...or cut random holes in the end of my new curtains.  It's always something.   
Jeremy put my cabinet doors in the kitchen back up again.  Now that they are up we are both really liking the two cabinet doors that I spray painted with the chalkboard paint......take them down again.  Nope.  I think we just might redesign/add-on/whole new kitchen it instead. 
Our swing set is going to take us 42 years to complete.  Maybe our great-grandchildren will play on it.  

Tomorrow is Cedric's birthday.....I totally want to fill his bed with balloons or something silly like that!  I think I will!!

No comments: