Friday, January 1, 2010

New For 2010

Happy 2010 to all my friends and family! I am SO ready to leave 2009 behind and move on to a new year! 2009 was CRAP. So here is a few things that we will be doing NEW for 2010.

*Our family "project" this year is to save our pennies (even the boys) and try to have Christmas at Disney World next year! For my part, I have started a Vacation Club account at one of our banks that will be ready in 6 months so that we can book the trip in July. Let's hope and pray we can make this happen!

*We are expanding our family once again this year!! This one is already n the works with an expected due date of September 3rd ( I think). This one is a TOTAL surprise. We were in fact trying to do the opposite...anyway, so we are now going to be Kelley-family of 8!!! CRAP A DOG! So this will be our last baby....I'm contemplating getting my tubes tied after this one...we'll see how it all goes.

*If all goes well we will be expanding our business once again with a new storefront in Carthage and adding cell phones and stuff. Real technical stuff. haha.

*My personal goal is to work through my anger and resentment towards basically everyone in the first ward back in Nauvoo. (Those of you who are my real friends, know who you are, and I love and appreciate you!) This one will be very hard for me. I have been full of bitterness and anger for too long and I don't want to carry it anymore....but yet I still want justice. hmmm...we'll see how this turns out. I miss going to church and feeling the love and peace that I got from that but, who wants to go associate with liars and thieves??? Not I.

*We are going to implement a swear jar in our house. We have not worked out the fine tuning of it just yet but you all know the concept. Not that we are all like a bunch of drunken sailors or anything but, you know the slip-ups...LOL. Anyway, we want the boys to say nicer things to each other too....instead of them saying they hate the other one or telling each other to shut up all the time. This is a good project that I am excited to start. So everyone will start out with a cup or envelope full of nickles.... every time someone says something they shouldn't they have to take a nickle from their envelope and put it in the swear jar. At the end of the week, whatever you have left in your envelope is yours...and the swear jar money goes where???? I haven't figured this out yet. I thought at the end of the week all the money in the swear jar would go to our vacation club but....then the kids will WANT to fill the swear jar?!?!?! what to do.? Any suggestions????

*Our home improvement projects!!! Jeremy and I are going to become quite handy! I got some awesome pink tools from my in-laws for Christmas and I 'm gonna use them to transform my home!! I can't wait for Spring when I can get outside and do some yard work!!! Gonna build a bridge over our little stream in the back yard.....and SO much more!!!

So, I'm sure there is more we're going to do NEW in 2010 but, I can't do this post much longer...I have yucky cold that is getting progressively worse and I feel like vomiting so, ALOHA!!!!

8 comments:

Eyepoke said...

I will volunteer to accept your swearing money. I feel this is a service I owe to you as a friend. I'll use it to buy beer and cigarettes for the homeless. Your welcome!

Mike and Ariane said...

Congrats on the baby! Could this be a St. Louis getaway weekend conception! Ha ha!
So happy for you. :-) Great goals!

colista said...

LOL!!! I didn't think about that ARiane!!! HA-that's possible!! didn't you guys say: "Go make a girl!" LOL

tacy said...

I hope you don't harbor feelings for me colista. If you were mad at me for anything it could only be that I left in Jan and was no longer Cedric's teacher (he was my favorite fyi) I need to start a swearing jar, I'm worse than my dad and that says a lot!

colista said...

HAHA!!! No, TAcy, I do not harbor any ill feeling towards you!!! I think you're awesome!!! I generalize WAY too much!! There are some crazies in the first ward though so watch out!! lol! I LOVE reading your blog, you always make me laugh out loud!!! The people who are stupid KNOW who they are!!

colista said...

Nice one Johnny!
The homeless people will love you!!

lizS said...

lol! colista, you crack me up! i'm totally willing to leave 2009 in the dust as well. hello 2010!!! congrats on the baby. (er, right? this is a good thing? right?! lol!) and all i can say is, are mormons are fracking crazy. the end. ;P and how about you put a nickel in the jar if you say something bad, but you get a nickel OUT of the jar if you say something nice? it won't work super great if there are no nickels in the jar to take out, but it's a start....

Renae said...

Wow! A new baby?! You are one crazy lady! I'll hope for a girl for you. Not all mormons are butt heads. (Do I need to go and put a nickel in a jar?) I think you're pretty swell!