Monday, January 11, 2010

And the Pregnancy Dreams Begin

Crap Almighty! The weirdo preggo dreams have commenced. Every time i am pregnant I have some pretty intense and vivid dreams. Last night was awful.

*ALERT for the Menfolk* This involves "female stuff".

K, so I had episiotomies on the brain last night anyway because I had a couple of discussions about them earlier in the day and I guess it was still with me. In my dream the Doctor was telling me that he had to cut me before I had even went into labor because there were more babies in there than he originally thought! haha! I was SO mad. He was trying to convince me of this and at the same time prepping to do it. (side note: I've never had stitches associated with childbirth and will NEVER allow any one to cut me there.) That's when a little brown rabbit hopped by the table and said something to the effect of "oh look, you're just like me!" Now I don't know what the rabbit was talking about...we both have a lot of kids??? Anyway, I awoke with a start just as my doctor was cutting me!! AHHHHHHH! Seriously, freaking scary as hell!
I fully intend on having the talk again with my doctor even though we've had it with previous children that he will NOT be cutting me under any circumstances! I've done a lot of research on it and everything I've read supports my decision. Sure they will tell you that it is easier and better for you to cut you, but don't be fooled! It is easier for THEM! not for you! So many women are left with all kinds of different problems...and they think it's normal!!! haha! It's not. Not me. Not ever.
Once I had a doctor tell me that if it looked like I was going to tear then he would have to cut me because he would rather sew up a straight line than ground beef!!! Wacko! When God made our bodies, he made them fully able to bear children. Most times doctors will cut more than what you were going to tear...IF you were going to tear. And it will heal just the same if you tear than if you are cut. It's just something that docs started doing to make their jobs quicker and easier.
So now that I have finished that rant. Sorry if that grossed anyone out....don't read it next time! hahaha!

So, back to school today for the kiddies. We had a whole 2 days of school since school let out for Christmas Break. I hope this freezing cold spell is over! And the snow. I have had enough!!!

Yesterday, I went to my sister Susan's second baby shower. She is ready to pop. Her due date is February 15th. I am so flipping excited!!! I can't wait to hold the baby!! She is naming him Daxton Isaac Boyer. I love the Daxton part but, not found of the Isaac. I know, not my baby. I've got to call her and tell her my dream. I wonder if her doctor is cut happy? I probably shouldn't blog this early in the morning.......

4 comments:

lizS said...

i have a friend who is into natural childbirth--as in she really wanted to have her babies at home. because of complications, this never happened, but with her first one, that's what they were planning on. anyway, she got rushed to the hospital, and her normal doc was out of town. now, she had spent the entire pregnancy having her husband stretch her with olive oil so she wouldn't have stitches from tearing, let alone from cutting. the fill-in doc didn't even ask her, didn't tell her what he was going to do, just cut her. she was so mad!!!! as would any woman in that circumstance. i never got cut either, although i tore enough with #2 to have two stitches. i can't imagine having more than that! gah!

colista said...

See LIz, that's exactly what I'm talking about!! Stupid doctor..I woulda kicked him in the face!! The olive oil thing works and the doctor can help get the baby out without ripping you too...some doctors just don't care how the baby comes out! retarded!

timpani76 said...

I actually had zombie dreams with this pregnancy, which was a first. Plus, dreams of my kids being kidnapped, also a first. I'm glad the actual nightmares were gone after the morning sickness though. Vivid dreams are disturbing enough without having to fight zombies and worry about people hurting my kids. Your being cut dream reminded me of those for some reason.

Maybe because they both have never happened?

colista said...

LOL! That's so true, Timpani! I had vampire dreams when I was pregnant with Cullen....that might have had something to do with reading the Twilight series though...:)