Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Friend, Luke


For tonight's post I thought I would introduce everyone to the Kelley Family Cat. This is Luke....named after Luke Skywalker. There is a story. When we went to my mom's house after my dad's funeral, their cat had had kittens right there on the doorstep. So, me being the cat lover that I am, decided to take two. When they were big enough I took Luke and his sister which we named Leah....as in Leah Skywalker. From Star Wars. Yes, we are nerds. All of us.

Anyway, so the crazy tourists that come to Nauvoo all the time always seem to think that if they find animals they can do as they please with them.....so long story...anyway, some crazies took my cats....we put signs up and the mayor of Nauvoo actually found Luke around Temple Square and called us. Yeah!!! We never did hear from Leah again....sad.

Fast forward to today. Luke is an outdoor tomcat but he's litter box trained too. He brings us rabbits and moles and mice and birds and all kinds of good stuff. And he is flippin huge. The pics don't do his size justice. He's a good kitty. We brought him in quite a bit this winter since we have had sub-zero temps. On New Year's Eve he was in rare form! he was stretching out into all kinds of strange yoga type moves and acting crazy. He is a silly cat. But way cool. We like him because he takes care of himself. He's not like another kid or anything!


We also like to call him Lucas Dukas, Lukey Duke, and pretty kitty. I don't think he likes the last one as much. Sometimes I call him Stupid cat or Smelly Cat when I walk onto my porch after he as pooped in the litter box.......I can't wait till the weather gets better and I can shove him back outside! Not that I don't love him....I just want him to take care of himself outside.


I think he was trippin out that I was taking so many pics.



You can kinda see his size here....I'm gonna get picture of him next to something sometime that can show his true hugeness!

2 comments:

Renae said...

I love kittys and I love Star Wars. I was an absolute Star Wars crazy nerd as a kid. The new ones were a bit of a let down.

timpani76 said...

That tom cat looks like my tom cat! And, my cat was stolen and found before as well. That's sad about Leah :( I don't know what I would have done if Nutmeg had not escaped from the neighbor/kidnapper.