Sunday, January 31, 2010

Look At What I Did Last Night






As of late I have really been down in the dumps for reasons I can't yet really figure out. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the pregnancy, maybe it's just me...but, I needed something bright and cheery in my home. I haven't yet done anything in the house because I have had the mindset that I would wait until after the remodel. I hadn't even really hung any pictures on the wall. Well who knows when the remodel will happen at this point....so Jeremy and I have been trying to do little projects around the house to really make it ours. We are finally hanging our stuff on the walls. And fixing little things here and there.
Last night I was staring at my plain white laundry/utility cabinets (after we had re-hung them on the wall) and was daydreaming. Then I had the idea to put something on them.

*I must put in a creative genius note....on the two end cabinets the cuts are supposed to be rough and kinda haphazard...that's the look I was going for. By the way, I am the world's best freehand cutter. I know, my modesty abounds. *

This is what I came up with. I am rather impressed with myself (big cheesy smile)...and now I want to do the rest of the house....I'm on a creative mission. While doing the cabinets is when I realized that I NEED a creative outlet. I relaxes me SO much. I LOVE doing it...it makes me feel good inside when I create something totally mine and totally original. In any medium really...paint, paper, rocks, not so much pencil, but, clay, sand, beads, anything!!!
The point of the story? I am happy now. hehe.

3 comments:

Renae said...

Those are really cute! I have absolutely NO ability in the crafty arena. Good for you!

Joanne said...

Amazing. Way cute! You are an inspiration to creativity. You always make such cute things. It makes me want to copy you.

Kevin said...

A happy Colista is definitely a good thing.