Saturday, July 9, 2016

That's Terrible!

I have to type this out before it flies out of my head completely.  A few days ago, Eden had changed her clothes four times already and it was just barely noon.  I walked out of the bathroom to find her sitting on the couch in a shirt but her shorts or skirt was no where to be seen.  I said:"Eden, where are are your pants/shorts?"  and she was like: " I need new ones."  So, instead of getting continually more and more mad every time she changed clothes, like I had been, I knelt down in front of her and said with a half-smile, "Eden, I don't mean to be upset with you but, do you know that every time you change your clothes, it makes more laundry for me.  And did you know that I have to do laundry for NINE PEOPLE?" She looked back at me with her big eyes, dead serious and whispered, "Oh no, that's terrible." and gave me a hug!  I laughed so hard!  She totally made my day with that.  It's little thing like that, that can turn your day around for the better.

2 comments:

The Mitchell's said...

Aww she's awesome!

The Mitchell's said...

...and you totally have my sympathy on the changing clothes 15 times a day!