Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Todays Happenings...




I am addicted to the Discover Channel's show Deadliest Catch. It is the deadliest job in the world....alaskan crab fishing! Watching this show makes me want to pick everything up, move to Alaska and hop on a crab boat. I wouldn't last a day...but it would sure be an experience. The show follows four-six different fishing boats as they do their job. My favorite skipper was Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie. Over the past couple of seasons he has had some health scares and the show has documented all of it. I found out today that Captain Phil died yesterday of a massive stroke. I am so saddened.....and I didn't even know him in person. He was just a good guy. His two sons worked along side him on the fishing boat. I feel so bad for them. I know what it feels like to lost your father....it sucks. I'm going to include them in my prayers tonight because I think they will need it. RIP Captain Phil.



Today I got to go see my new nephew, Dax. I had full intentions of taking my camera and getting a pic with the baby but, i took off for Quincy and left it behind. So, pics next time I guess. He is just too cute! I LOVE babies! He looks a lot like Todd...kinda like Nick did when he was little. He has the Boyer nose for sure! haha! After my visit I headed to get my lab work done that I was supposed to get done a month ago and completely forgot about! I can't keep anything straight in my brain anymore. geesh! So, that was fun. Not really but whatever.

Now I must focus on my kitchen...after getting these boys to bed. I have a pile of dishes a mile high because my dishwasher only half washes things anymore and I usually have to wash a load twice! And sometimes it doesn't even take the soap gel tab thing to wash...it just leaves it sit in the little compartment! Stupid thing. Anyone know any tricks to fix that????

I'm sick and tired of the snow, sub-zero temperatures, and winter in general. Who thought winter was a good idea? Not me. I think I live in the wrong part of the country! I can't wait for spring....I want to plant some flowers, trim some bushes, build a bridge over our stream, and work on the boys clubhouse.

11 weeks tomorrow....woot! woot! My belly is starting to grow for sure. I feel kinda weird. Can't quite put my finger on it. I haven't been puking this last week or so...and I think I'm gaining weight or something...which is weird. Usually when I am preggers I LOSE weight. A lot of it. With Cullen I lost over 25 pounds before I gained anything back. but my pants are really uncomfortable and I feel like everything is clinging to me. UGH!

4 comments:

tacy said...

I'm sick of snow too!!!!! I never had the luxury of having a dishwasher growing up, so when I went to school and had one in my apartment I usually ended up hand washing everything anyway because the stupid thing NEVER cleaned them. And i'm kinda paranoid about eating off dirty dishes.

timpani76 said...

You lost 25 lbs while pregnant? Wow, I always gain like 40 lbs with each pregnancy (and have to practically kill myself to get it off). I'm 7 months now, and I'm starting to get my signature ginormous pregnant belly.

colista said...

Yes, Timpani, I usually lose weight up until about month 6 or so....because I am so sick all the time. But then I am really good at putting it back on in those last few months! haha!

Mike and Ariane said...

I'm sad about Capt Phil too! Crazy!
Oh, the dishwasher, sometimes mine doesn't open the door for the gel tab (or any soap) and I end up running the load twice. I have a theory that it is because a spoon or something is leaning against the trap door. I rearrange the tall utensils and it seems to be okay. For a while I was getting mad that my pretty new dishwasher was already going...doh!
Good luck with it.
Oh....and a BIG thank you for the super duper large box of fudge and goodies! We are so in heaven here. Makes me miss Nauvoo so much. What sweet memories (literally)! Happy Day, thank you again! You've spoiled us!