Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Grandma Lucille

Jeremy's Grandma Kelley is an awesome lady!!  I love her!  We all do!  She is getting up there in age and her health is poor.  I actually knew Jeremy's grandma long before I knew him.  When I was little my mom used to visit/help two little old sisters that lived on the flats of Nauvoo.  Their names were Lillian and Genevieve (tow names that I LOVE!).  My mom would have me help them out too by sweeping or cleaning things for them.  Well, Jeremy's grandma (Lucille) would visit/help these little old sisters too.  So, I got to know her as well.  My mom always spoke very highly of Lucille and what a good person she was.  Then I ended up marrying her grandson!!  Anyway, Lucille has supported, loved, and listened to us both throughout our marriage.  She never judged.  She always has something good to say. 
She is being set up with hospice this week.  It's a hard time in Jeremy's family.  It's hard having all this stuff go on at once on each side of the family.  But, we can do this.  We can pull together and support each other through all of it.  We are going to stop in tomorrow night and see Grandma Kelley.

No comments: