Monday, November 18, 2013

The Mouse Trap

Oh my goodness!! Freaking out!!  We have been thinking that we had a mouse (or more) in the house because we heard it scratching around late at night and I heard little squeaks in one of the vents one day.  So, I was going to call Reliable pest solutions.  Then we thought we would try to catch one first to make sure that is what it really was and not a bird or something scratching around in the attic. We bought a few of those glue traps that also snaps down on the mouse.  The front of the packages says"Can kill instantly" because we don't want them to suffer, we just want them gone.  Well, I went upstairs to gather laundry from the bedrooms and just happened to think about checking one we had put behind our dresser.  I picked it up and it didn't feel any heavier but, the little notch thing said it had been sprung.  I tried looking in both ends but couldn't see anything, and the spring thing was flat so it had been sprung.  But, then.....THE DANG THING SQUEAKED IN MY HANDS!!! GAH!!!!!! I dropped it and ran downstairs to call Jeremy!!! I called him and he told me to throw it away but, I picked it up again and it SQUEAKED AGAIN!!!    BLEH!!  I don't know what to do!?!?!?  I still don't know if it is a mouse...although I assume.  I cannot see any part of the creature at all.  YUCK!  Just yuck.  I guess we need to call someone now.  This is fun stuff. 

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hahaha that's the funniest thing I heard all morning - - sorry I know it's not funny to you but I thought it was pretty comical or maybe I just needed the laugh - regardless thank you - hope you can get those gross little creatures out of your house!!!

Colista said...

Yeah, Jeremy laughed at me too! But, good grief it scared the crap outta me! lol! Yeah, we need them gone asap! Ewwww!

The Mitchell's said...

You are more brave than me! I would have ran out the door and not gone back in. Ewwww!

Colista said...

Mice don't scare me as much as spiders but, they definitely give me the heebie jeebies. *shiver*