Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving????

I am so, so bummed.  I LOVE Thanksgiving and this year is looking to be epic....only not in a good way.  We have been experiencing the worst round of the stomach flu that I have ever seen.  It started with Asher on Sunday evening.  He was up the entire night and the next morning/afternoon puking his poor little guts out.  High fever, body aches, diarrhea, etc.  He stayed home from school.  I spent most of the day washing bedding, carpet, floors, toilets, clothes, etc. I thought it would end there but, that proved to be wishful thinking.  Tuesday, mid-morning, the school called and said Cullen was running a 101.7 temp and needed to be picked up.  Luckily, my mother saved the day and was able to pick him up and bring him home to me.  However, when she picked him up, he vomited all over the nurse's office, his coat, backpack, floor, etc.  They gave him a coat to borrow and sent him home.  He got here and continued to puke.  I can't keep tylenol or ibuprophen in then because the keep throwing it back up.  Nothing can be kept down.  Nothing.
 Later that day Eden started in too.  That poor girl didn't know what was happening to her and was so confused.  None of the vomit made it in the toilet.  While all this is going on, I have to go to the bathroom, bad.  Everytime I get in the bathroom someone needs to puke and we end up with big messes in the living room.  A couple of hours after Eden started, Liam started too and his was projectile!  He managed to get it E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.!!!  It was all over the living room, that we had just finished cleaning up, then over the entire bathroom....walls, floors, shower curtain, shower, toilet, sink. I never did get to go to the bathroom until about an hour later. If it would have happened in a movie, I'm sure people would have been laughing but, it was the most disgusting, exhausting thing ever.
 I parked Liam and Cullen on the couch with garbage cans.  Asher in his bed, not puking anymore but, fever and body aches.  The big boys in their beds away from everyone else.  Eden then threw up all over her bed and we had to change everything there.  Liam and Cullen threw up the ENTIRE night.  I layed on one of the couches so I could be close to help them.  I slept from 11-12am, then not at all again until about 6am-7:30am.  Jeremy was helping out until he got it too about midnight.  He threw up about a million times.  I scrubbed the toilet and sink about a million times too.  Everyone is very lethargic and hot today.  I am hoping they all sleep tonight and that I don't get sick so I can cook a small Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  I am so bummed to not spend it with more family and a HUGE meal.  What can you do though?  It's not their fault they are sick.  I feel so bad for them all.  And I feel bad for myself too because I can't keep up enough.  We ran out of paper towels, hand towels, wash clothes, big towels, clothes, blankets, pillow cases, etc.  Everyone was just using them way to fast.  I had to cover Cullen up with my bathrobe at one point, lol!  My house reeks of vomit and Lysol.  It is very festive, indeed.  Oh well, this shall pass.  I am just bummed that it had to happen on Thanksgiving.  We haven't slept in days.  I figure, that I can sleep when I am dead! 
I have been to Dollar General twice now to the tune of about $50 in 7-up, ginger ale, chicken noodle soup, tylenol, lysol, jello, gatorade, etc.  I am doing my best to keep them all hydrated but, boy oh boy, is it hard!
I did tell Jeremy though, that as soon as the holidays are over, we are finishing our garage off into a new dining room, laundry room, pantry./storage, and BATHROOM.  We cannot have nine people living here with only one bathroom.  It's impossible.  No one can say that we didn't try, haha! 
Right now, we are doing a movie marathon.  We are watching Cheaper By the Dozen and I am realizing that this is exactly the life I wanted.  Crazy, happy, chaos!! As horrible as it all sounds, these are the things that make us family and make us closer.  I wouldn't trade my huge family for anything in the whole world.  No job, house, vacations, money, anything.  THIS is what life is about and I am going to embrace it, even the bad, pukey parts, LOL! 

2 comments:

The Mitchell's said...

GREAT attitude! Hope everyone feels better and it doesn't spread any further!

Sarah-Lynnetta said...

Hope you are feeling better and that you had a good Thanksgiving!