Monday, August 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Power




As everyone knows not all peanut butters are created equal. Anything with the word butter in the name should always be creamy too. None of this chunky crap. Can you imagine chunky butter??? Disgusting! Anyway, my fave peanut butter has always been Peter Pan Peanut Butter.....honey roasted! MMMMMMmmmmm, wholesome goodness. But, a year or so ago with the big peanut butter recall a lot of the retailers (around here anyway) have stopped carrying my Peter Pan peanut butter. It's a crime against nature really. ugh!
For awhile I had some left in my food storage but now we are without my beloved Peter Pan honey roasted peanut butter. So, I thought I would try JIF. It's a popular brand (according to a study I saw on yahoo this morning it's the MOST popular.........just goes to show you how many stupid people are int he world). It has to be good if it's so popular right?!?!?! WRONG!!!!! It's the worst thing ever! Seriously, the creamy version is so NOT creamy. It's stiff and the flavor is just sick. Who in the world markets this crap because they are a genuis to get so many people duped into thinking that it is good.
Next I decided to try Skippy. I got the natural or organic or something of that nature. The creaminess is good. The flavor is good. I can handle the skippy. The Skippy is GOOD.
So I'm now in the Skippy camp until people come to their senses and start restocking my Peter Pan Peanut Butter.

No comments: