Sunday, July 27, 2014

Blueberries and Cream Pies

 I was really, really craving a blueberry and cream pie the other day.  I used to make these when I made desserts for Mike's Homestead Diner.  I also made raspberry and cream pies that were equally as good.  I had a ton of blueberries on hand and decided to do it.  I didn't realize that I didn't buy deep dish crusts so I ended up with two pies after the filling was too much for just one pie.  I started to cut into one and eat some before I thought to take a picture but, whatever.  I ate WAY TOO MUCH pie on the first day so I wanted to get rid of the second pie.  Nathan Nelson's baby girl had passed away earlier in the week (SO SO SAD) and the funeral was Friday morning.  I decided to take the pie over for the family dinner after the funeral.  I didn't talk to anyone and left the pie kinda anonymously so that felt good too.  I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.  
I should put the recipe in my cookbook. 


No comments: