Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday's Baby Shower

 Way back at the beginning of April one of my very best, life-long friends had her very first baby shower.  Jeremy and I drove to Peoria so that I could be participate in her shower with her.  It was at a very old historic house in a historic district of Peoria.  A funny thing happened as we were trying to get there.  We had just left Babies R US after getting her a gift and I told Siri on my iphone the address of the shower.  We drove around, got on the freeway, crossed a bridge into East Peoria and thought the whole time it was really weird.  Right at 1:00 when it was supposed to start, Siri says: "You have arrived at your destination."  We were in a rundown part of town, next to the railroad tracks at a building that said, Rick's Towing or something like that.  What a strange place for a baby shower!?!?!?  LOL!  Nope, I had said Randolph street instead of Randolph Drive.  So, we had to drive back across town and finally made it!  haha!  
Anyway, Jeremy dropped me off and I had a great time visiting with Tuesday, Alison (pictured above, Tuesday's niece who was due a couple of weeks before me), and Tuesday's sisters!  She also had a ton of friends there from Peoria.  
She got a crap ton of stuff too! 
It was awesome to get to spend time with her on her special day.  She and Chad had to really go through a lot to get pregnant.  And it finally happened with invitro fertilization.  And as I think I wrote about already, she ended up having her baby, Kylie, 8 weeks early!! But, her baby is doing wonderfully and so is she!! 


No comments: