Monday, August 17, 2015

Morning Blurb

I am having a meltdown over my fitbit.  Lol, for reals.  It is still tracking everything for me but, won't sync up with any device.  I have to manually enter all my steps.  So annoying.
But...........
So far today has been freaking awesome!! :)  It is my Asher's 9th Birthday and the first day of school for the 2015-2016 school year! The morning went off without a hitch! I just got me and Viv here and it feels amazing!!  I already am getting stuff done and getting to spend time with just Vivi.  She is loving the access to all the toys that Eden usually snatches from her!  lol!
I woke up at 5:00am so that I could get a handle on the day.  Everyone was awake except for Jeremy and the girls.  I made some biscuits and gravy, fried eggs,toast, and individual cartons of orange juice with little straws for Asher's birthday breakfast/back to school.  I bet he hates having his birthday then.  Jeremy says that he always hated it too.  Tristan has the same issue some years.  I think Eden is in the clear but, still early on in the school year.  We got some Lofthouse cookies and I took those out to school for Asher's birthday treat.  Jeremy bought 50 of them for Asher's class, lol! 
We signed the kids up to ride the bus this year but, when it didn't show up when it said it would, Jeremy loaded everyone up and took them to school.  I think they are riding the bus home. Vivianne and I will be waiting with the camera! 
I have slowly been writing this since about nine this morning.  The day is going well.  Vivianne is down for her nap and I am planning Asher's birthday supper. I am planning on making a big batch of meatballs to freeze and might just do spaghetti and meatballs.  I also thought about pork chops, mashed potatoes/gravy, corn, and noodles.  I can't decide. 
Our shed is overrun with wasps nests.  They are EVERYWHERE.  It is like a battle every time we go to the shed.  And we have two hornets nests in the best trees in the backyard.  So far no one has been stung.  But, I just had an epic battle with a huge wasp that got in the house.  It refused to die and it kept stinging the broom over and over and over again.  It was frightening.
So, the kids JUST walked in the door from school......at 4:45pm!! Criminey!

Well, everything went really well today! I was expecting pure chaos and everything just kinda flowed today.  Sweet!! We had home made spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and waffle or regular ice cream cones.  Asher got a new toy machine gun and a transformers lego set.  AND he gets to pick out whatever new bike his little heart desires!! More details on stuff from the day later!!

No comments: